ARTICLE AD BOX
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The SAP HANA Tooling team provides cloud-hosted, web-based graphical tools used by some of the world’s largest enterprises to access, monitor, and develop for SAP’s data management and data analytics tools.
Our environment is fast moving, with rapidly changing priorities and technologies. We’re looking for people with a passion for learning new technologies who are unafraid to see things change and who actively seek ways to improve how we work. If you have a strong focus on customer satisfaction and love the challenge working with large, complex systems, then this could be the job for you.
Join us! We can’t wait to see what you’ll bring to the team.
Expectations and Tasks
The successful candidate will enjoy a variety of tasks including software development, automation development, troubleshooting, debugging, and operations support. You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about hyperscaler environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure, and Alibaba Cloud and ensure products run reliably and optimally in these environments
- Manage software upgrades and deployments to new regions, cloud providers, and so on
- Design, implement, enhance, and support microservices that implement functionality like security, monitoring, and recovery
- Investigate the root cause of production issues using tools like Kibana and Dynatrace
- Collaborate with customers, development, and operations to achieve a good solution
- Create and document procedures used by the front-line operations team to respond to issues
- Train operators in the procedures and answer related questions
- Assist the development team to investigate issues and recommend software changes to improve performance, functionality, and reliability
- Suggest and drive improvements in how the team works and collaborate with teammates to hone your ideas and build consensus
- Identify and address security and performance issues
- Maintain a strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Regularly learn new skills and technologies through both organized training and self-guided learning and formally and informally share what you learn with teammates
- Accept on-call responsibilities and show reasonable flexibility in working hours to help the team achieve its goals
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline that provides a solid background in software development
- Work experience in a Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Software Development, Quality Assurance, or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Passion for learning new technologies and programming skills
- Strong technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience using a Unix or Linux shell
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Details-oriented, customer-centric approach
- Willingness to accept on-call duties
- The following qualifications would be valuable:
- Experience with cloud tools such as: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Kibana, Dynatrace
- Experience with Python, Java, or Groovy
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, or Azure
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging complex software systems
- Experience working with databases, automation frameworks, application installation/deployment, and security configuration management tools
When applying, please submit your undergraduate and graduate university/college transcript(s) if you have graduated within the last 5 years.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:305762 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: