ARTICLE AD BOX
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Senior Account Executive - Platform & Technologies – Ottawa
As an SAP Platform & Technologies (P&T) AE, you will develop a strategy and execute an intelligent enterprise sales plan resulting in cloud subscription revenue wins with new and existing SAP Federal accounts.
At a solution level, the P&T AE must develop and maintain an awareness of SAP’s current and future SAP initiatives in the areas of Digital Transformation, Process Optimization, Data Architecture & Data Fabric, Modern Analytics and Application Optimization. Ability to connect customer outcomes to SAP and partner solutions is key. Such solutions include products encompassing the cloud-based Business Technology Platform (including cloud versions of SAP HANA, EIM, Sybase Databases, Middleware, SAP Cloud Platform, Analytics and SAP Analytics Cloud). Acting as a knowledgeable resource for customers, the P&T AE must be able to articulate SAP’s value proposition in the areas of platform & technology.
The P&T AE will be focused on driving innovation into customer accounts. A key component of the success of this role relies upon the AEs ability to learn and articulate how SAP can drive innovation into accounts, in order to improve revenue, margin and market position. The AE will be supported by SAP resources, to communicate and quantify the vision for the customer – the AE will be the leading story teller in the process
The P&T AE will work closely with other support resources (including presales, global sales support) to achieve their objectives. This role is part of the SAP Platform and Technologies Organization and will report into a regional leader.
Expectations and Task of Job:
- Demonstrate the business benefits and value proposition of SAP Database, Data Management and Analytics and Technology solutions
- Collaborate with support resources to maximize P&T revenue
- Identify customer business pains and challenges and articulate those challenges into SAP solutions
- Identify areas of innovation within the client base, and then drive resources to prove out the innovation and its business value for the customer
- Develop new business sales opportunities in new accounts
- Manage a number of complex sales opportunities simultaneously
- Win complex sales deals in a competitive environment to achieve sales targets
- Maintain broad and deep knowledge of SAP P&T portfolio, as well as industry trends
Experience selling Database, Data Management, Analytics and/or Technology solutions to large Enterprises. Experienced in SAP or Sybase Database & Data Management products preferred. Experience with Analytical and Predictive Technologies including Cloud applications. Management of large, complex sales cycles with expectations to achieve quota. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact at the CXO level. Experience in both hunting for new business and expanding our business relationship in existing accounts.
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of similar working experience
- Federal or Government sales experence preferred
- Possess hands-on knowledge of SAP, Sybase, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Teradata, Informatica, MapR, Microsoft, AWS, Google Cloud, Cloudera, Hortonworks or other associated database and data management technology
- Possess hands-on knowledge of Analytic solutions such as Business Objects and other Cloud based Analytic solutions.
- Good understanding of Software/Systems/Database architecture
- Ability to forecast/ manage sales expenses, and successfully close new business
- Proven problem resolution, communication, planning & organizing, execution skills
- Business development, prospecting and presentation skills
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Location – Ottawa preferred, Home Office Canada
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:303606 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 50% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Canada