Job Requisition Id: 103043
Business Function: Sales
Primary City: Calgary or Edmonton
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: MGTSS02
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/19/2021
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible to achieve the vertical revenue target through direct sales leadership and by providing industry/segment knowledge and expertise to the front-line sales representatives. Incumbents will identify sales opportunities aimed at increasing segment revenue and overall market share; uncovering and unlocking untapped opportunities and bundling product solution sets across the lines of business and Group of Companies.
The BDM cooperates with the BDL by providing market education, sales support, and guidance to front-line sales representatives and, in certain circumstances, takes an independent leadership role in the sales process. The Business Development Manager is regionally based supporting initiatives for the assigned vertical market(s)
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Manager Business Development
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the assigned vertical market(s). Identifies opportunities and risks within the Business Development target industries. Identifies business opportunities and competitive threats on a regional level. Leverages industry and account specific knowledge to provide comprehensive input into the Business/Market Plan as defined by the BDL.
- Is accountable for prospecting, acquiring, retaining and penetrating customers within the specific vertical market(s) to achieve sales targets for volume and revenue growth (territory base revenue plus assigned growth quota) across all product lines.
- Generates leads for potential sales opportunities. Executes on assigned tactical plan associated to the Business/Market Plan and formulates specific customer approaches in order to earn the customer’s business.
- BDM is involved in sales cycles: by providing front-line sales representatives with industry insights and specific integrated solutions to sell that are both viable and cost-effective; Guides, assists and supports in the development and implementation of sales strategies to generate new business; Coaches & monitors the sales opportunity through to a successful conclusion; Independently assumes selling responsibilities for key industry sales opportunities and accounts at risk. Supports the end to end selling process for complex &/or multi-services/products deals.
- Leverages market expertise to assess Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Bid/No Bid process and associated sales strategy specific to Business Development opportunities within the assigned vertical markets.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Assesses market potential on a continuous basis and uncovers and unlocks untapped or under leveraged market opportunities. Collaborates with his/her BDL and Product Management to sell integrated pilot solutions identified in the business plan.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with front-line sales representatives and works to support them in engaging potential customers, qualifying opportunities and developing accounts. Supports cost/benefit analysis and related strategies and provides input into customer specific pricing proposals.
- Follows-up on sales activity, prepares Business Cases, develops Value Propositions including value added service enhancements, formal proposals and presentations specific to promote and support Business Development opportunities.
- Provides support to the BDL on defining the market strategy and updating and communicating the dynamic changes of the Business/Market Plan within their regional area. Closely monitors vertical market performance, gathers information and intelligence ensuring that strategies are in place to mitigate erosion and minimize gap for revenue growth.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and provides support to help ensure seamless integration for market opportunities.
- Post-secondary education
- Experience in solution selling
- 5 years of experience in Commercial Sales at the senior executive level
- At least 5 years of experience in a sales/business development role
Other Candidate Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills
- Results orientated
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivation and the drive to achieve goals
- Computer proficiency
- Strong business acumen
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.