A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Maintenance leader is one of the critical support functions of the Technical Leadership Team – Reporting to site Technical Manager he is responsible forShift
/Day Technicians, apprentices contractors and external companies.
They are responsible for the safe daily direction setting
, ensuring the execution of the planned work in time, reaching expected results. Helps to give the appropriate answer to breakdowns, and support to breakdowns as required. Continuously works to improve Safety, Quality and Productivity of the site by implementing processes to improve efficiency of work execution, within MSE Principles.
In charge of building the capability of the Reliability Techs, and engaging them in the mindset change to Proactive Maintenance. .Communicates across all departments to ensure work completed is satisfactory to the customer.
What we are looking for:
- Licensed trade and/or post-secondary degree/diploma
- 4+ years of experience in a fast paced factory/manufacturing maintenance department
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Previous experience in developing technical skills
- Direct people management experience
- TPM experience
- Ensure all safety standards are being implement and followed by the technicians, with strong focus on LOTO and work permits. Support top down call for action
- Role model on safety behavior and execution (are you using BBS, if yes we should include it)
- Improve the safety culture within the maintenance department through leadership, Safety talks, Behaviour Based safety Observations, and improvement projects.
- Evaluate working procedures to look for opportunities to improve safety in the maintenance team.
- Ensure his team is following mandatory, Mars safety trainings
- Communicate safety near misses from the network.
- The associate ensures Food Safety requirements are effectively performed. This includes training of his team other associates on the Food Safety & Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), ensuring CCP monitoring is in effect and continuously improving the process.
- Role Model Quality Mindset and Behaviours
- Implement new practices to improve work execution to prevent quality issues.
- Engage techs on improving the Food Quality mindset.
- Communicate Food Quality near misses from the network.
- Back up of the Technical Manager
- Work with Area Maintenance Leads and Technicians to create development plans.
- Conduct Impact planning sessions to ensure the team environment is improving over time.
- Instill ownership into techs through Mars leadership skills.
- Drives mindset change from reactive to pro-active maintenance, using the tools from MSE
- Communicate with team on any changes to the site and from other departments.
- Build Capability of the Technicians, owning and managing technical training program with input from Technical team on different disciplines
- Own and manage entire technical training program with input from Technical team on different disciplines.
Mars Supply Excellence
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of the PM Pillar as part of the Mars Supply Excellence (TPM) Program Owner for the Autonomous Maintenance Support DMS (Daily Management System) and support others DMS
- Ensure proper scheduling of technical resources to ensure proper shift coverage.
- Ensure techs are utilizing CMMS to account for activities time and parts.
- Ensure stockroom rules are followed by his team.
- Train Technicians to maintenance workfows
- Strong Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatics and Hydraulic background.
- Understanding maintenance processes (Planning & Scheduling, Storeroom Management, and Lubrication).
- Assist in troubleshooting issues as needed. Respond to breakdowns to ensure proper resources are allocated to ensure minimal downtime.
- Implement and maintain 5S principles within the maintenance department.
- Work with the Area Maintenance Leads on improving all reliability processes. Train Technicians to new/modified maintenance plan to obtain expected results.
- Analyses the reporting of the technicians for appropriate actions
- Analyses the completion of the planned work, ensuring that job plans are followed
- Collect and give feedback to Area Maintenance Leads in order to improve maintenance plan
- Audit completed work orders to ensure completion to standard and coach on opportunities. (to CI)
- Complete RCA on machine and process failures to ensure a continuously improving environment. Owns corrective actions.
- Track and monitor KPIs to ensure we are trending towards improvement.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.