ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 41743
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Sudbury, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Geotechnical Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Geotechnical in Sudbury.
The Geotechnical Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to projects in the Infrastructure, Mining and Energy sectors. Participates in a wide range of projects covering advanced numerical modeling, analysis and design for both front end planning and the detailed engineering phase for multi-discipline projects and geotechnical site investigations.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead advanced geotechnical and geomechanics studies with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope.
- Identify project works that can add to the geotechnical field and where possible write a paper
- Participate in scoping requirements for proposals
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Represent the discipline in the project’s engineering coordination meetings
- Provide and/or coordinate training for resources assigned to the project
- Prepare and/or review project procedures, standard specifications and design criteria
- Review and evaluate technical work prepared by junior engineers, intermediate engineers, designers, technicians and technologists
- Ensure relevant technical experts are involved in the design process as required and facilitate the sharing of technical expertise both across projects and across Hatch offices globally.
- Perform conceptual and detailed engineering design
- Undertake office and field based geotechnical engineering for projects
- Provide specialist geotechnical advice and analytical services
- Prepare engineering calculations where required
- Prepare technical specifications where required
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered
- Undertake construction supervision and management dependent upon project demands
- Support of site engineering team to provide technical solutions and timely response to technical queries
- Work to ensure the implementation of safety in design and integrity principles in design documentation
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist or Engineer in Training
- 8+ years’ experience in relevant geotechnical design
- Experience with working on projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Good safety awareness.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.