ARTICLE AD BOX
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Site Finance Manager - BFP
The Site Finance Manager plays a key role in the development and execution of activities and delivery of financial objectives relating to the Bolton Food Factory (primarily) & supporting the Sr. Finance Manager. This position works closely with the NA Sr. Supply Finance Manager (Foods), the Site Director and Mars Food US associates to provide analysis, interpret and report financial results and recommend actions. This position will also provide key financial analysis of new product proposals, cost initiatives, CAB and support the annual Operating Plan.
What are we looking for?
- University Degree (preferably Business) and Finance Designation preferred (incl. MBA)
- Excellent analytical skills (mathematical aptitude and information filtering)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel modelling, PowerPoint presentations) & ability to understand and adapt to in-house finance/forecast systems
- General Ledger / Accounting system – SAP & HELIOS
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Provide consultative advice and direction to Supply Leadership Team members through insightful analysis and financial skills to ensure their actions are consistent with delivery of the factory’s business goals.
- Ensure financial risks and opportunities are appropriately quantified, communicated, and actioned.
- Responsible for closing the General Ledger each four-week period for the Food Factory accounts. Responsibilities include P&L variance analysis and Balance Sheet account reconciliation.
- Support the Manufacturing Site Director in reporting and analyzing all Manufacturing Conversion Costs (MCCs) and recommend actions for improvement.
- Responsible for the preparation of Quarterly Year-End Estimate financial forecasts for the Factory. Analysis and review will include reconciliation to both Plan and prior year, as well as clear identification of potential risks and opportunities facing the business.
- Represent S&F in the local Supply Chain Management Review (SCMR) meeting (which feeds into S&OP Step 3), clearly outlining the current financial state of the factory, identifying and sharing risks and opportunities, providing ways to mitigate the risks, and escalating issues to the region if needed
- Assist with ongoing accurate asset valuation including validation of timely obsolete inventory reserves. Support periodic physical inventory reviews and audits.
- Prepare supporting financial analysis for the Sr. Finance Manager when requested and pro-actively provide ad-hoc analysis when appropriate.
- Develop sufficient expertise to support the role of technical advisor on proposed system changes or adaptations that have financial reporting implications.
- Ensure that period and quarterly financial reporting requirements supported by these systems are robust and accurate.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Ben’s Original & Seeds of Change
- Opportunity to make better food today for a better world tomorrow
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately held organizations
- An industry competitive compensation plan
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.