ARTICLE AD BOX
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Vancouver Civic Theatres are looking for people with front of house/food and beverage experience to work at our many upcoming shows and events! Come visit us on November 1st & 2nd and learn more about these exciting opportunities!
Vancouver Civic Theatres venues include The Queen Elizabeth Theatre, The Orpheum, The Vancouver Playhouse and the Annex, and host a wide array of concerts, shows, and events throughout the year.
We are looking for people to provide a high level of customer service to Vancouver Civic Theatres' patrons by performing various front of house and concession duties during events. Liaise with key stakeholders such as Security Staff, Event Promoters, Ticketing Agents, and merchandisers, to a name a few. They will also prepare the front of house prior to performances, and liaise with security staff in lobbies. Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with established policies and procedures. These positions are customer service based roles including concession sales staff, food and beverage sales, ticket takers and ushers.
What we’re looking for:
- Current Serving It Right Certificate is required
- Food Safe Level 1 is required
- Ability to work non-standard hours is required
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Preferred experience in arts, culture, hospitality, customer service, barista, bartender, ushering
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Energetic, positive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Experience operating Food and Beverage related equipment including but not limited to, coffee machines, popcorn machine, dishwashers, cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry items, up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and work in darkened and/or noisy venues.
- Sound knowledge of theatres or other venue operations, requirements, rules and regulations is preferred
- Ability to make effective and efficient decisions and remain calm in challenging situations
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and EBMS or other event software is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and deal tactfully and effectively with challenging situations
- Experience working in unionized environment is an asset
- Sound knowledge of OH&S policies and WCB regulations is an asset
Please bring the following:
- Current resume
- Three (3) professional references including phone number and emails.
- Copy of Serving It Right certificate.
- Copy of Food Safe Level 1
This position requires flexibility in scheduling hours of work and involves non-standard hours, including weekday, evening and weekend shifts.
Interested candidates must be available for a minimum of 3 days per week: Friday from 4 p.m. and Saturday all day, ONE shift on Sunday (either morning OR an evening shift) and one other weekday.
Position Start Date: November 2021
Salary Information: Pay: $21.24 to $27.43 per hour
We thank all applicants for their interest. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.