ARTICLE AD BOX
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Customer Experience (CX) solutions provide omnichannel customer engagement and commerce software that allows organizations to build up a contextual understanding of their customers in real time. The solutions deliver a more impactful, relevant customer experience and help sell more goods, services and digital content across every touch point, channel and device.
Within SAP CX, the Commerce Cloud organization will execute on the “Commerce Everywhere” strategy by re-launching true SaaS commerce offering for specialty retailers and D2C markets. You will join a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic development team as a Web developer (full stack).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will be part of this very passionate and energetic team working to build the SaaS solution according to the needs expressed by our partner customers, in close connection with other internationally distributed engineering product teams (North America, Europe, Asia), as well as site reliability engineers (SREs) related to the CX solutions.
The ideal candidate will match the following profile:
- Someone who succeeds better in teamwork, focused on goals set by their assigned team and with excellent communication skills, which includes programming practices from the Agile methodology and pair-programming practices
- Conceptualizes, implements and tests requirements in collaboration with their assigned project team, in close collaboration with the Product Owner, Chief Developer, and User Experience experts.
- Demonstrates full responsibility for the tasks necessary for the success of the team through its high level of quality, speed of execution, reliability and efficiency of work
- Ensures the quality of deliverables by contributing to the creation and execution of appropriate unit and automated tests; analyzes test results and implements appropriate follow-up actions
- Ability to analyze and resolve errors in new or pre-existing code
- Creates technical documentation and works closely with our user support team to provide relevant documentation to our customers
- Has the ability to understand and learn leading-edge technologies, concepts and tools.
- Participates in various customer interaction activities (conference calls, face-to-face visits, etc.) and share findings with assigned team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and related concepts; able to share and broaden its knowledge base with other programming languages, and other scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.JS, Go, etc.).
- Familiarity with Progressive Web Applications (PWA) and Single Page Applications by using AngularJS; experience with SAP UI5 Web Components is an asset.
- Experience with database systems (e.g. Postgres) is required; experience with NoSQL (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra, Dynamo) is an asset
- Experience in developing cloud-based applications and environments (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS) is required
Practical knowledge of git, Github and Jenkins is required
- Candidates providing their personal Github repositories showcasing their previous work is an asset
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker is highly recommended
- Knowledge of software test suites required (e.g. Karma Jasmine)
- Automation experience with distributed systems in the cloud, caring for resilience and high availability
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written English is required; functional knowledge of French is an asset
3-5 years of Web technology software development experience using Agile methodology
- Business internships with related experiences at the coveted job recommended
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:308971 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: