ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 42038
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Hatch is currently seeking to hire a talented Civil Municipal Engineer resource to join our Global Team. The candidate will for perform general civil engineering and design activities involving site preparation, grading, drainage, roads, paving, etc. for mining and heavy industrial projects.
- Site grading and earthwork design
- Drainage design, storm sewers design, and storm management
- Roads design
- Sanitary sewers design
- Hydrology and hydraulics
- Flood plain/Flood risk assessment studies
- Culverts design
- Open channel design
As the successful candidate, you will be:
- Leading the civil project team through to completion of assigned projects in areas of bulk earthworks, site drainage, mine and plant roads and earth and mine tailings structures design.
- QA/QC of design calculations and contract documents.
- Assuming responsibilities of discipline practice on assigned
- Working collaboratively with the project managers and multi-discipline design teams.
- Quality control – Drawing and calculations checking and verification.
- Provide general support to proposals and preparing Civil part of the proposals.
Candidates may need to be available for travel to site and other offices when necessary.
You bring to the role:
- Licensed engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized engineering program
- 5 plus years of relevant industry experience.
- Hec-Ras, Hec-HMS, SWMM, InRoads, Microstation – AutoCAD and Civil 3D is acceptable alternative software skills.
- Thorough understanding of the design process including the application of civil design software packages.
- Previous design experience in bulk earthworks, site grading, storm drainage, access and haul roads and earth structures for large size projects.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills; self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.